Silicone Moulds for Casting
Silicone moulds are the most common tools for resin casting. The epoxy resin, the polyurethane, the polyester, the acrylic resin, the vinyl ester, the polyurethane foam can be perfectly casted into that.
Even more, the silicone itself as well can be poured in case we apply the appropriate mould release agent.
Otherwise, basically everything can be moulded into silicone, because nothing adheres to them.
When making silicone moulds be aware that this:
- does not contain inclusions
- has sufficient elongation and tensile strength to prevent the mould from breaking is one,
- two- or multi-parts mould, based on the need that the geometry of the piece to be casted requires.
- should be transparent when we want to see the space filling during the casting process or
- the transparency is not relevant
- has to be constructed with consideration of the possible shrinkage of the casting resin
- should be easy to clean
Most popular products