This is a kneadable, spreadable, lightweight epoxy modelling paste.
You can easily make shells with them, covering larger sculptures with a thin layer.
Thus, you use a relatively small quantity of mould preparation materials. The solid shell will be rigid and machinable. Its hardened surface can also be polished by hand or machine tools.
In this case, it is recommended to handle the surface with water or alcohol.
Sometimes, it is difficult to access sample objects on vertical or internal roof areas. The epoxy paste can help you this time as well.
You can even press it into the moulds, pattern tools for sampling.
They are also used for surface equalization and repairments.
It has a plasticine-like texture. However, the cured material's strength is similar to epoxy resin.
The main features of the epoxy modelling paste are:
- easy to knead, two-component, 1: 1 mixing ratio
- adheres well to wood, polystyrene, foams, metal, ceramics, etc.
- it can be machined after 12-18 hours
- its surface can be painted well
- also the whole material can be pigmented
- very light, low gravity which is half of that of the water
- virtually zero shrinkage