- It is waterproof for a long time, but it can be made completely
- waterproof by coating
- Ceramic-like mechanical properties
- Shrink and solvent free
- Non-polluting, environmentally friendly
- Low heat generation during the reaction
- Components that can be stored for a long time without deterioration
- a) Casting: The most common use. The two components are prepared according to the formulation e.g. To 10 g of powder was added 4 ml of resin, which was stirred vigorously without lumps. It is placed in the mold by mixing additives, fillers and pigments. Bubble removal can be done by vacuuming or, more simply, by shaking or tapping.
b) Production of laminated shell structure: Mold supports or hollow sculptural structures can be made using triaxial glass web or basalt fabric. First, the surface is coated 1 mm thick with the mixed material. By applying 2-3 layers of fabric one after the other wet on the wet, a shell with very good strength can be made.
Pigmentation, painting, surface treatment:
Art Clay can be colored in their material with the pigments in our respective webshop. Up to 2% by weight can be added without compromising the quality of the final product.
After hardening, it can be painted and decorated with acrylic paint. If required, the surface can be coated with epoxy or polyurethane resin.
Use of additives and fillers:
With the right additive, the resin can be thixotropized, viscosity can be reduced for better pourability, and curing and pot life can be increased and slowed down.
The Art Clay system can be filled with expanded glass and glass balloons to increase volume and ease.
Furthermore, most metal powders, iron, bronze, copper, aluminum for aesthetic and artistic reasons. The finished products can then be patinated. Metals are mostly 65% miscible.
In addition, dried sand, quartz sand, granite and marble powder or pieces, decorative pebbles, but make sure they do not contain salts.
For reinforcement we can use even cut fiberglass, pieces of fabric.
When making jewelry, they can be combined well with metals, or the epoxy part can be fitted well to the hardened Art clay.